Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A few more Bottles of Hope

 

I set a goal for myself in late fall to make 100 Bottles of Hope before June of 2014 and donate them to the Relay for Life event in my community. I will likely meet my goal of 100 bottles but I doubt I will get them donated to the Relay for Life. I had a gal contact me via my Facebook page she requested a single bottle for herself. We chatted a bit more and I found out she participates on a team for the Relay of Life. I sent her about 15 bottles she chose one for herself and shared the rest with her team mates.

I went to work last week ( I work casually on call) at the school I worked at before I had my son and found out person I worked with previously was away and receiving treatment for cancer. I will be sending some bottles her way as well.

As of today I have made almost 50 bottles and am quickly running out of my bottles to cover. I am now seeking more tiny glass bottles to use for this project. I will include an example of the bottles I am using. If anyone has any leads on more bottles that would be great. I am hoping to find a source for bottles that will be free as I am giving them away and don’t have funds to buy new and pay for shipping.

36 - 37 - 38

22 - 23 - 24

25 - 26 - 27

28 - 29

30 - 31- 32

33 - 34 - 35

39 - 40 - 41 - 42

43 - 44 - 45

unfinished bottles

The bottles I am currently using came from some sort of hair coloring the bottles are about 2 inches tall and very narrow. I don’t put anything in the bottles but do include two notes from the Bottles of Hope website with the origins of the project and well wishes. It would be wonderful to find similar bottles for free and in a large quantity of 100 or more.

Each bottles is slightly different and most of them have a word on them that may provide inspiration and strength at a time when it is needed.